Sit with the word for a moment or two.
Ask yourself how it feels when you’ve got it.
How does it feel when it’s missing?
So much of our struggling and suffering rests in our lack of clarity.
What do I really want to do? What do I really want to “be”? What do I really want to have in my life?
- When you lack clarity, so much of life feels like a slog. It’s when we spin our wheels, waste time and money, feel out of sorts, and often devolve into self-demeaning thoughts…SO NOT HELPFUL!!
- When you lack clarity, fear lurks around all the nooks and crannies of your mind. For some, fear makes you freeze and not take any action. For others, fear itself makes you go, go, go, nonstop—spinning like a tornado. Sometimes fear makes you lash out at the people you love the most. For many, fear makes you turn around and run the other way.
- When you lack clarity, it’s almost impossible to set a course for where you’re going. And this can be problematic. In the words of the late, great Yogi Berra, “If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” For some people, enjoying the journey as it comes might be just fine. For most of us, lacking that sense of clarity causes a great deal more OY than joy!
What I have learned from just about every coaching client I work with is:
- When you are clear, what you really want will begin to show up in your life. And the extent to which you are clear makes a huge difference.
- When you are clear, the struggle dissipates. Choices become easy to make. Motivation and excitement about the future show up regularly, and taking action becomes something you look forward to.
- When you have clarity, light reflects your way forward, and you begin to create what you want in your life. It’s impossible for this NOT to happen.
It’s just that clear!
I KNOW this to be true. I have seen people make incredible shifts and strides in their lives, as they become more clear about what matters most to them. And I have my own stories to add to the stash of evidence. One of these days I’ll share some of them here, as well!
If you want help, I’m offering a super useful program that helps people get clear about what matters most to them. I LOVE this process. It includes 2 coaching sessions and a whole lot of great information for an introductory price of $99. Check it out here.